My brother-in-law saw this desk sitting next to a dumpster.
He called me and asked if I wanted him to pick it up.
Even though I couldn't see it I, of course, said yes.
This is the desk he brought me.
It was dark green in color and had one drawer,
but the bottom of it was missing.
I immediately had dreams of painting this baby, fixing the drawer,
replacing the knob and making it beautiful again.
So I took it outside for the first step
in its transformation and started sanding.
It didn't take long before this
pretty bright green began to show through.
Once I finished sanding the whole thing
with a medium grit paper,
it looked like this -
Kind of neat, huh?
I had planned to give it one more go with a fine sandpaper
and then prime and paint it.
But it's kind of interesting the way it is too.
I'm torn about what to do with it.
Should I still paint it?
Should I just put a sealing clear coat on it and call it good?
Should I dry brush paint it,
so some of this color still shows through?
I had planned on distressing it a bit anyways,
but now I just don't know what to do!
Remember this is how it looked when I started -
and this is what it looks like now -
For sure I still need to fix the drawer
and buy a cool new knob,
but as for the paint -
What do you think I should do?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
first why are you blogging at 6am?
ReplyDeletesecond. i really like the green. i say seal it up w/the clear coat and find a funky knob for the drawer.
Well Mer, first - I wrote this post last night and then set it to post this morning at 6 a.m. So don't worry, I wasn't actually up at the crack of dawn slaving over the blog ;) and second - thanks for your opinion on the desk!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Meredith- I like the green.
ReplyDeleteGREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN! And then give it to your friendly neighbor Amanda ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm a born antagonist - I say paint it, you will tire of the green.......but then again, when you are tired of the green, give it to Amanda! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the green....but that could be because I'm onto green right now. I just got a super sweet old tea set that belonged to my grandmother - it is green and white and would match the desk nicely :)
ReplyDeleteIf you paint it please don't do it in the garage or the driveway.
ReplyDelete