I've been slowly decorating my house over the past two years.
But I still had a big blank wall going down the stairs
that I wanted to fill up with a fun arrangement.
So I bought a bunch of different sized frames from IKEA
and put my sister to work
unwrapping them and putting them together.

Then I practiced laying them out on the floor a few times
until I had an idea of where I was going.

By the time I got the first one hung, it was dark outside.
So forgive the bad pictures.
So forgive the bad pictures.

I'd seen them in the catalog and loved how you could
use them to layer frames on a wall.

(Thanks Adam, Mom, Brooke & Cindy!)
I tucked this little porcelain cross
into one of the spaces between the frames
because I knew I wanted more than just frames on the wall.
This just happened to be the only thing
I had around at the moment -
So this was the state of things after the first day.

I wanted to hang up a few other things to add interest.
When I saw these adorable little plaques that say
"Blessed" and "Believe" on sale
at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 each,
I knew they'd be perfect!
And the final piece I added
was this pretty candle sconce my mom gave me.
All that was left to do was fill the frames.
I'm not going to lie -
it took me forever to do it.
In fact, the middle frame sat empty for months.
Months!
Ridiculous, I know.
I finally took it down the other day to fill with whatever I could find
because I just wanted this project finished!
I always had great intentions of ordering a large photo for it,
but couldn't decide on which picture to use,
so I never ordered one and the frame kept sitting empty.
But I got fed up with looking at this every day -
So I got creative with stuff I had around the house.
but couldn't decide on which picture to use,
so I never ordered one and the frame kept sitting empty.
But I got fed up with looking at this every day -
So I got creative with stuff I had around the house.
I grabbed 2 pieces of scrapbook paper,
and made a pretty back drop
for an old 8 x 10 photo I found of Adam and I.
It was the biggest photo I could find,
but it looked too small in the space.
So I grabbed two 4 x 7's of the kids from Christmas -
and added them in to make a little collage.
This was the final product.
for an old 8 x 10 photo I found of Adam and I.

but it looked too small in the space.
So I grabbed two 4 x 7's of the kids from Christmas -


I threw it up on the wall
and finally had a complete grouping!

It made me so happy.
I will probably order bigger photos at some point,
but this will do for now.
Here's a view of how the frame risers
pop two of the frames forward.
Cool, huh?
This was my plain, boring wall BEFORE:
And here it is AFTER:

Again, BEFORE:
And AFTER:

For all you people out there
who are scared to hang things on the wall -
Go ahead.
Make some holes.
Don't let not having the perfect plan or
all of the right pieces hold you back.
It may take a little time to get it right,
but making unique arrangements with your
own family photos helps make your house feel like a home.
who are scared to hang things on the wall -
Go ahead.
Make some holes.
Don't let not having the perfect plan or
all of the right pieces hold you back.
It may take a little time to get it right,
but making unique arrangements with your
own family photos helps make your house feel like a home.
For a look back at other projects you can see from these photos,














No comments:
Post a Comment