Broccoli isn't my favorite,
but I'm trying to get more vegetables into our dinner
that don't just get dumped out of a can.
So when I saw this pin I thought,
"hey, that looks like some broccoli I want to eat!"
So I grabbed the 4 easy ingredients:
broccoli, cheese, bread crumbs and eggs, to get started.
First, I chopped the broccoli up into small pieces,
and then steamed it in the microwave for about three minutes
in a bowl with a lid and a few tablepoons of water.
Next, in a large bowl I cracked three eggs and beat them,
before adding in the steamed broccoli,
about a cup of bread crumbs and about a cup of cheese.
Then I just mixed it all together and
added in a little salt and pepper,
before shaping everything into little patties,
and frying them up in some oil.
We cooked them thoroughly on each side
to make sure the egg got cooked all the way through
and then let them cool on a paper towel covered plate
to soak up any left over oil -
grilled chicken breast and rice to make a lovely meal.
I'm not claiming it's the healthiest vegetable addition ever,
but I ate a lot of broccoli and it sure was tasty!
We will definitely be making these again.
Broccoli Cakes
one head of broccoli
1 to 1 & 1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 c. bread crumbs
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste
oil
I've been wanting to try these!! Glad to hear they were good:)
ReplyDelete