the Bon Jovi concert at the Fargodome.
I was pumped and fully prepared to scream
Living on A Prayer at the top of my lungs.
Before the show, however,
we hung out at the Applebee's across from the Dome.
The place was PACKED, so unfortunately, we found ourselves
at the only open table we could find - on the patio.
Let's just say that outdoor dining in mid-March
in Fargo, North Dakota is not exactly a pleasant experience.
This little heater hanging above our table is the only
thing that made it remotely tolerable, until we could
find a table inside.
We weren't there long before we noticed a strange phenomenon.
It seems that a Bon Jovi concert attracts
a large population of a single species - The Cougar.
Webster's Dictionary defines a cougar as:
Noun. A large powerful tawny-brown cat formerly widespread in the Americas, but now reduced in number or extinct in many areas.
Urban Dictionary defines a cougar as:
Noun. A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey." (see also hunt, prowl, corner, pounce).
I tried to nonchalantly photograph one in her natural habitat
- using our pal Greg as bait,
but as you can see below, she was on to me.
but as you can see below, she was on to me.
Later, as we walked across the street from Applebees to the Dome,
Adam (ever the public-servant)
helped some wayward cougars navigate a snowbank their heels.
We did finally make it inside to our seats in time
to see Dashboard Confessional open the show.
Then, the man of the hour took the stage.
Here is a picture of the set list I stole off of
This is the last set he played that is cut off from the picture above:SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD W/ TWIST AND SHOUT (THE ISLEY BROTHERS COVER)
I LOVE THIS TOWN
RUNAWAY
KEEP THE FAITH
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
And you know he brought the house down
with his final song of the night:
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
I have some fabulous video footage of him
singing it and me screaming along, but
it's too big of a file to put on here.
But I'll make you this promise,
if I can find a way to do it - I will.
Uhm Amber -- who took that picture of Greg and the prowling cougar in the background?!?!? HA!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhere are the 'cougar in training' pictures....you howling and licking your paws!!! Hilarious
ReplyDeleteNathan
I agree that the cougar in training pictures should be posted. All of the dumb pictures of me get posted, but somehow the pictures of you are lost? I will find the CIT pictures and post them as soon as possible.
ReplyDeleteOkay Amber -- let's try one more time to get the correct person of the photographer of the "prowling Cougar"!! I believe the name started with a B and ended with an H...does that help?!?! And, I second the "cougar in training" pictures need to be added -- too cute and a definite must...purr... :)
ReplyDeleteLook at my readers - calling me out!! Ha ha - okay so I had a little assistance with the Greg/Cougar photo from BETH. Thanks lady!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I may have labeled myself a "Cougar in Training" and practiced some skills during the evening, but any photos documenting this have somehow been lost.
Friends, the joy of being the writer is that I control the content. If you don't like it - Get your own blog :)