Tuesday, February 1, 2011

T Minus 10 Weeks

 Here's a baby bump update.
Today, I'm officially 30 weeks along,
which means only 10 to go!!!
And it can't come soon enough,
I mean I can't stop crying over American Idol for Pete's sake.
What is wrong with me?!

As you can see from these photos -
I also can't stop playing with Picnik.
It's just so much fun!
This pregnancy has been much different than last time,
but one thing I do miss is all the exercise I was able to
get when I was pregnant with Walter.
We would run and bike and then walk almost daily the bigger I got
because it was summer and we were outside all the time.
It's been tough to be pregnant over the winter
and feel like it's too cold to ever go outside and do anything.
But I'm still feeling great and
have gained about 15 lbs so far,
so if it goes like last time -
I'll probably gain about 1 or 2 lbs each week from here on out
and then I'll be right in there for the average weight gain
during pregnancy of about 25 to 30 lbs.

Before I go, 
I'll give you the answers to some common questions -
No, we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl.
But we're very excited to see what we get!

No, we don't have our hearts set on specific names -
We do have a list of boys and a list of girls names that we
add to and subtract from whenever we 
think of something new or are over one of the old ones.
There are about 8 to 10 options for each sex, 
so we'll just have to see which name wins!

Yes, Walter is going to have to get out of his crib -
But not anytime real soon.
We're hoping to transition him to a toddler bed 
sometime this summer when the baby outgrows the bassinet.
Stay tuned to see how that goes!

6 comments:

  1. You look so good! I remember the countdown with baby #2. . . a lot different than baby #1 - I was always much mroe tired, emotional, and ready to meet the baby a lot earlier than I was the first time around.
    Transitioning to a toddler bed is so fun (and challenging). We moved Isaac really early (19 months) because he would jump so high in his crib he almost fell out a couple times!
    Can't wait to meet the newest Gustafson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CUTE!! You look great! I agree, being pregnant in the winter would be tough, but having a newborn in the winter was great. I just hibernated and never had to leave the house or worry about roads or snowstorms or anything ;) But seriously, 15 pounds? You've got nothing to worry about. Sit down, put your feet up, and enjoy the rest as best as you can!! Hopefully spring will be here in about 10 weeks and then you can get out and enjoy some fresh air. Are you investing in a double stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - let me just be clear: I'm not complaining that I'm huge or am worried at all about weight gain/loss. I was just saying it was nice to be active during my last pregnancy and I have definitely missed it this time around. Though no one has stopped me from being active, I could've joined a gym and walked on a treadmill or did some mall walking or something. It just seems harder in the winter and like a lot more work to get bundled up and go out somewhere to exercise. So I'm definitely down with just relaxing until spring :) I honestly haven't thought about a double stroller. Did you get one Holly? I suppose it would come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Haven't even thought about a double stroller!? Do you have 5 hidden arms? How in the world would you go anywhere?! I wouldn't be able to live without mine, even now, and Ella's 3. When Max was born Ella was too little to roam about when we were out and I certainly didnt have the ability to carry her along with a newborn. And the diaper bag. And the car seat. And our coats. And my shopping bags. And cell phone. And wallet... She still rides in it now because otherwise I would lose her! It has allowed me to go places myself with just the two kids, I can keep them contained and drag all of my crap along with me. OK, confession, I wouldnt have been able to step foot in a shopping mall if I didnt have one because a) I would never get to go by myself or b) Derek would have to come along! ha ha. I just have a Graco double, nothing fancy, front/back seat to get around places. I wanted a jogging stroller, but heck, pushing two kids in a stroller is a workout in itself. I can use our bike cart (side by side seating for two) as a jogging stroller too when I want to get some fresh air. Have I convinced you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well yeah, pretty much! Like I said, I really hadn't thought about it, but now that I am I know taking both kids somewhere on my own will not be easy. Guess it's time to do some double stroller shopping!

    ReplyDelete