Lily of the Valley
is one of my favorite flowers for so many reasons.
They are dainty and sweet and oh so fragrant.
While the flowers only bloom for a short time,
they do provide lush greenery for the rest of the summer.
Every year I steal some of my parents Lily of the Valley
once they bloom, to place around my house.
I put this little vase by the kitchen sink.
And the upstairs bathroom got some too.
They are small flowers,
but their pretty scent will fill up a whole room.
This year, with a yard of my own,
I decided to steal more than just a few handfuls of flowers.
Since I've got a lot of gardening to do and not a giant budget,
I'm stealing as many transplants as possible
from my parent's numerous flowerbeds.
Lucky for me, as you can see from these pictures,
one thing my parents have plenty of is Lily of the Valley.
You do have to watch where you plant these guys,
because they can run wild,
but I thought I had the perfect spot.
Right here, in the corner by the front door is
a spot where the grass wasn't taking anyways.
Eventually we'd like to landscape with paving stones,
and rock and plants all around the front windows,
because the flowers aren't too tall to
block the view from the windows
and they'll be in a location where their
and they'll be in a location where their
sweet smell can be appreciated.
Walt loved playing in the grass while
we were busy planning and planting.
Okay, not a lot of work happening here
between the picture taking and posing . . .
good thing Dad was there to get the plants in the ground.
Thanks Dad!
So here is our first planting.
It may not look like much now,
but wait until it is all filled in like the above pictures
of my parent's Lily of the Valley.













No comments:
Post a Comment